Thursday, January 7, 2010

Best Christmas Ever





At the beginning of the Christmas season I have to admit I was feeling a little blue. It was looking like it was going to be the first Christmas that we would not be with either of our parents. But then the Christmas miracles started rolling or should I say driving for hours, into our home! And it all started with Corbin's parents deciding at the very last minute to come to Devner to be with us. We were so excited and felt very honored. Our kids were over the moon to walk down to the basement one morning and see Grandma & Grandpa standing there. They had no idea! I soon realized that the presents under the tree could never compare to those two people in our house now being trampled on with hugs and kisses by three very deserving kids. However there were still wishes to grant and presents to wrap! We did indeed have "the best Christmas ever", as our Elisepooh kept repeating and I have decided that I always want to be with my family on Christmas morning...always! (our other little miracles are too tender to discuss, but will always be in my heart even when it is not Christmas).

1 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

Could your kids be any cuter?
I loved this post so much. Going into this season felt different this year and it took me a while to catch the Spirit of it. The secret to my turnaround? My kids.
I'm glad you guys had a wonderful (family-filled) Christmas!