Monday, September 24, 2007

Happy Birthday Easton













My little man is one today. This year has gone by so fast. Easton has been are easiest from the start. We got pregnant with him with our very first round of fertility and my pregnancy was a dream. I went to the general Relief Society broadcast last year and while we were having dinner I was joking with two of my best friends that he would probably be late and they were telling my that I hadn't even dropped yet and that he still looked high. To our surprise my water broke at 1 the next morning, 3 weeks early. It was so funny. By the time Corbin and I got to the hospital at 3 it was gushing everywhere. As soon as I got into my room they checked me and I was already at a 4, so I got my epidural. Easton was born at 7:oo on the dot after about 10 good pushes. He weighed 5 lbs and 15 oz. the same as Elise. I was telling my friend that just got pregnant that having a boy is like falling in love with your husband all over again. It's amazing to me how as women we strive our whole lives to win the approval of or impress the men in our lives, whether it is our dads, or a boyfriend, or eventually our husbands, but then when you have a son you don't have to go to any great length to make him love or accept you. He already comes into the world totally in love with you. I love my little man. He just makes my heart soar and I am so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father for the opportunity to fall in love again. At one Easton has already taken a few steps. He also already says "mommy, da, Ella, Elise, and bye" and I thought I heard him say "Hi, dude", to the little boy I was babysitting today which is what we always say to him. He loves to take a bath and he loves to swing at the park. He also is a really good eater and sleeper. And I'm not the only girl in this house that is totally in love with him. Elise and Ella still can't get enough of him. In fact last night Elise told me that she wishes there were two of him. I couldn't agree more.
We celebrated Easton's birthday at the park on Saturday with some family and friends. It was windy and a little chilly, but we had so much fun. And as you can see, Easton loved his baseball cupcake.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Easton! Gail- your blog is very cute. I don't remember how I found you, but I am glad that I did. It is fun to see your cute family!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday Easton! I can't believe our little guys are one. He is adorable and I get emotional just reading your blog about him. I agree boys are a blessing from Heavenly Father.
Love ya
Trista