Thursday, September 4, 2008

1st Day of School





Today was Elise's first day of first grade. I told Corbin yesterday that I was going to cry. This is so different than pre-school or Kindergarten where they are only gone for 3 hours at the most. Her school is from 9:10-4:00. 4:00? What? In vegas we always got out at 3:15. This morning we walked her up to school and helped her find her teacher, Mrs. Sweeny, who I think is going to be great. Then they had all the parents line up in a tunnel so the kids could walk through and we could clap as they walked in. As soon as the Kindergartners started walking and everyone started clapping I lost it. Then Elise walked by and I gave her a little pinch and waved. I turned around to see the Bishop's wife standing behind me. She of course noticed I was crying and gave me a big hug. Elise was so excited for school. She loves school and is totally in her element in a classroom with her friends. I know she will do great this year. I'm excited that she gets to be at a brand new school and I know she will make lots of great friends. We are so proud of her.

6 comments:

CJMsquared+6 said...

I'm getting emotional just reading your experience... I dread the day when mine start school. But I guess you gotta let them go sometime. I just know Caleb is gonna be the one who takes off and doesn't look back!!

LillyBug Jewelry and Accessories said...

oh i almost feel your pain (well not really pain, just emotions)adriana starts in less than a week...i'm crying already. man. that's so cute that they did the tunnel thing. i still remember the first day adriana and elise played together and now they're in 1st grade. what!!!!! time sure does fly by.

Joe and Marci said...

First grade is killer - Emma started first grade this year, too.
Elise is so darling and she looks really excited - she is going to be great!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

She looks so cute!! I'm so glad that she is liking school and that you made it through that day! It is so hard to see them grow up. We got the cd's in the mail and they are amazing. You got some great shots of my grandparents. Thanks so much for doing that. You are so sweet!! I love ya

Unknown said...

you are too cute! im way excited for elise! i have no doubt she will be the most popular girl in class! :)

Maribeth Miller said...

Wah, Wah! I know you stopped crying once you started the car and sighed at the idea of only dealing with two kids instead of three!:)