Thursday, October 9, 2008

It's Easton VS. The Cozy Coupe



Are you really surprised? I mean come on this was only a matter of time people. Don't you know by now that Easton + age 2 + climbs on everything = a black eye. I was of course making dinner at the time, so I didn't see what happened, but from the information I gathered from the 3 year old here's what went down. Easton was on top of the car and Ella slammed on the brakes and Easton went flying. Not sure what he hit his eye on, but you should see the other guy (ha). What was funny was I kept asking him where his boo boo was and he kept pointing to his leg, he didn't mention anything about his eye. It was only later at the dinner table that I asked Corbin if he thought Easton's eye looked puffy. The next morning he woke up and it was swollen shut and then yesterday morning he woke up and it was black and blue. Of course yesterday he also had his 2 year well check. Don't you just love taking your kid to the dr. with a black eye. I was actually glad the dr could look at it and make sure he didn't do any damage to his eye. Corbin and I were laughing that it actually makes him look kinda tough. Don't mess with the kid with the black eye. Yesterday was actually a very brave day for me too. I finally came to the realization that it was time to lose the "baba". I decided to go cold turkey. You know something like this is actually harder on the parents. But as we were walking into McDonald's for lunch I told Easton to give his "baba", a kiss and I tossed it in the trash can. No turning back now. On the way home he was so cute he kept saying "Where baba go?" and I kept saying "baba all gone." And then he would say, "bye baba, I love you." But of course the real realization came when I went to put him down for a nap. He was not happy. I finally got him down and then put Ella down only for him the wake up 45 min. later. Last night Corbin and I took turns sleeping on the floor next to his crib when he woke up. But guess what I just put him down for a nap and he cried for a little bit, but now he's asleep and I didn't have to go in there (knock on wood). It was time and I know it will be nice not to have to keep track of it anymore.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i agree it makes him look so hard core! im glad he is feeling better now! :)

Anonymous said...

Gail-Love your blog and the family pic at the top!

Sue said...

Hi Gayle...Congrats on your new calling..You are one busy lady.

Poor Easton..he does look so cute, even with a black eye.

Sue said...

It's our anniversary in Nov.I will be posting some of the pics. you took..I can't thank you enough.

Love, love them..Great job!

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

First of all Easton is way tough! I love the black eye look. That is so cute about his baba and him saying he loves it. Oh and I am impressed with your halloween decorating!!

CJMsquared+6 said...

What a tough dude!?! Isn't it funny how we react to our kids' boo-boos somuch more than they do. Black eye, no biggy Mom!
I dread the day we get rid of Kenna's binki...

LillyBug Jewelry and Accessories said...

he's still way too cute. even with the black eye. poor kid. or should i say poor mom!