Sunday, December 23, 2007

Saying Goodbye










































We'll I guess it's official. We are moving to Colorado! We have to be out by the 29th of Dec. Nothing like packing up the day after Christmas. We have spent this week saying goodbye to friends and family that we will miss terribly. On Wednesday I had my Grandma over for dinner. My kids have really gotten close to her these last few months and we are really bummed that we are moving now that she is so close. On Friday we had a play date with my friend Christine and her two girls, Taylor Elise and Rylee. On Saturday we had cousins Taylor and Tori at our house for a final sleepover. We had a nice dinner and then watched "How the Grinch stole Christmas." And finally tonight we went over to Nate and Maribeth's house. I have known Bernice and Maribeth since 8th grade. We have all found the gospel and it is amazing to watch each other's families grow in the church. This is such a bitter sweet time for us. We are excited for Corbin to have a new career, excited to be in a better school district, excited to have a house with a backyard, excited to be closer to other family members, and excited to get to experience a white Christmas and January and February.... okay maybe not that excited. I was born and raised in good ol' sin city and I have lots of great memories here. So it is off to bigger and better things for the Smith clan, but we will miss all of you very much.

3 comments:

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

Even though I don't live in Vegas anymore it made me sad reading your post. I know that you guys will be very happy in Colorado. Great things are in store for you. I love you and miss you terribly. Seeing these pictures brought tears to my eyes.
Love ya
trista

Meg and Jeremy said...

Gail, I didn't even know you were leaving and then you were gone. We will miss you and your family. Good luck to you in Colorado.

Unknown said...

It's Shaun. Although I didn't get to officially say goodbye I want you to know you'll be missed and I really hope you stay in touch.