Friday, July 25, 2008

NILMDTS

My very good friend Amber volunteers for an organization called "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep." It is a very special group of photographers in many states that offers their services free of charge to families that have given birth to babies that don't make it. They have either passed away before birth or very soon after. When she joined she asked my if I would be interested in going with her. Not only is it a good idea to have an assistant, but it's obviously something that would be hard to do alone. On Sunday night she called to let me know that she had received an email requesting a photographer. I can't begin to imagine the pain that these families are going through. The goal of the organization is to hopefully help these families begin to heal by having beautiful pictures of these little ones. Even though they are not on this earth very long, their lives make a difference and pictures are the only way to prove they were here, that they mattered, and that they will never be forgotten. As we were leaving the first hospital we found out the there was another request at the hospital across the street. It was a long night, but I left feeling like I had found my niche in the world, a purpose, a little way of helping others and giving back. What struck me was how grateful the families were that we were there. They took the time to thank us for what we were doing. The website is amazing, please take a minute to check it out. http://nowilaymedowntosleep.org/

1 comments:

Brittany said...

I am bawling... What a beautiful and special thing. I just cannot imagine... That is such a neat thing to be involved in-