Thursday, July 31, 2008

Worth every penny

Easton learned a new trick when we were on our vacation, how to climb out of the pack n' play. Needless to say it was quite the challenge trying to get him to nap or go to sleep while on our vacation, but towards the end he did really good and I thought he had pretty much given up on it. Then when we got home he started climbing out of his crib and because all of our kids share the same room right now (if you want to know why you can ask my "attention to detail Realtor husband", just kidding honey please come home tonight), it was becoming some what of a problem when he started climbing into Elise and Ella's bed. One morning at the crack of dawn I went down there and caught him sitting on Elise's bed. Not a good thing when you have to then put up with cranky little girls that have been woken up way too early. We were hoping that eventually he would stop or maybe forget one day that he could still do it, but Monday was the last straw. I went to go check on him at nap time, that had now already gone on for at least 45 minutes of me yelling at him to stay in his crib and go to bed and this is what I found.











In case you are wondering, that is lipstick smeared all over his face. Apparently he found Elise's purse and a tube of lipstick. Why does my six year old have a tube of lipstick you're now wondering? We're not going to go there. Let's just say it was a gift. Anyways, it was all over him, on his shirt (from Gymboree of course), the carpet, the rug, his blankie, the closet doors, the air purifier, his feet, his hair, and the worst part was that he pretty much stuck it right in his ear. I stuck him in the bath and proceeded to scrub him down which he was not happy with. Luckily, soap and water took it right off of him, except his ears (I am still trying to work on that). I wiped down everything in the room except for the carpet, changed him and put him back in his bed and told him to go to bed. At this point he knew he was in trouble and fell asleep in about two seconds. Then I called Corbin and said these exact words, "don't even think about coming home tonight unless you have gone to Babies R' Us and purchased a tent to fit over Easton's crib, oh and by the way you are in charge of getting the lipstick out of the carpet." He called me later and said I hope this works it was $75. Ouch. Before Easton went to bed that night we put it on his bed. He was not happy, but we are!



4 comments:

Ryan, Shayndel, & Kids said...

Gail, this is hilarious...though I'm sure not really at the time. I sympathize with the 3 kids in one room right now. We've just been waiting to put Major in w/Shep because we know it will mean lack of sleep for both of them. Meanwhile, it means lack of sleep for us while he's in our room!! You're kids will probably look back & remember what a fun time in their lives it was though.

I've never heard of these tents before now! How cool is that!! Is this the main purpose of them?

Joe and Marci said...

Wow, even though he was naughty, he is so cute!! He lookes so happy with lipstick all over him :)
That tent is so cool - I need one for my 4-year old... he likes to wander in the night.

LillyBug Jewelry and Accessories said...

how could you be mad with that adorable smile on his face. way toooo funny though. aren't boys a blast to have!

Unknown said...

oh my! it must of been a pain when it happened! but i admit it was pretty funny to read! hopefully the tent will work! :)