Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Elise's Birthday Follow-Up

Sorry it has taken me so long to follow up on Elise's oh so fun Birthday. It turned out to be 5 days of non stop celebration.


Surprise #1 Ice Cream Cone Cup Cakes to take to share with her class. I told her a little white lie that she had to take them on Thursday because Mrs. Sweeney said it would be too hectic Friday before fall break do have them then. It was really cute. I was in my bathroom getting ready and I had made the cupcakes the night before, but still needed to frost them. She came in the bathroom with the biggest smile on her face. I asked her why she was smiling so big and she said, "Mom, I saw the cup cakes and they're awesome." She loved putting the sprinkles on them and she said that everyone loved them.


Surprise #2 I made Elise a Birthday Bow to wear in her hair. I can't remember how I convinced her to wear it on Thursday, but she really like it.


Surprise #3 Grandma Smith!!! This was actually a surprise for all the kids. They had no idea that Grandma was flying in especially for Elise's birthday. On our way to the airport I asked Ella where we were going and she kept saying, "to get cupcakes, I want the Barbie ones." Both Ella and Easton were so excited to see Grandma at the airport. The funny part was trying to convince them that they had to go with me to pick up Elise from school. Once Grandma was at our house they weren't going any where. But finally I got them to go with me. When we got home I asked Elise who was the one person she wished she could have at her birthday party and she of course said Grandma and Grandpa. Then I said that Grandpa was in Utah, but...and Grandma walked around the corner. She ran and jumped in her arms and gave her the biggest hug ever. It was priceless. She was so happy!


Surprise #4 No School today! This was the look on Elise's face when I told her that she didn't have to go to school on Friday and that we were taking her to a special place for lunch.




Surprise #5 Lunch at Chedd's with Daddy. This is our favorite lunch treat. It's a little drive into Littleton, but so worth it. We had a nice lunch with Corbin before he had to head back to work and then it was on to the next surprise.



Surprise #6 You can get your ears pierced! Elise has been talking about getting her ears pierced for the longest time. She had been wearing stick on earrings and then telling every one that she has pierced ears. In an effort to help her be more honest we surprised her with a trip to Claires. I had the clerk go up to her and say "Hi, Elise are you ready to get your ears pierced." She froze and starting shaking her head no. We decided to wait an hour and go back when they had two girls there so that they could do both ears at the same time, but when it came time for us to go back she was still too scared. We had to drive back into Littleton on Saturday to go to Corbin's Customer Appreciation Picnic, so afterwards she said she was ready. It was exhausting trying to convince her that it would only hurt for one second. But she finally got up the courage to do it and she was very nervous. She was crying, but still excited and then when it was over she said, "that was it". She started laughing and was so happy that she did it!






Surprise #7 A Hannah Montana themed birthday party. Grandma did a great job of finding all things Hannah Montana including a bag, head phone set, lip gloss, hand sanitizer, etc. She also got a scripture case and scriptures with her name on them, tickets to the BYU ballet, a piggy bank, money, and Grandma South Dakota got her a Hannah Montana guitar that she can rock out on. The kids had fun decorating Halloween cookies. You know if Grandma Smith is around there is going to be cookie decorating some where some how. We topped it off by singing to our first born and enjoying her Hannah Montana birthday cake.





It was so fun surprising Elise all weekend long. She is such a good girl and so deserving of being treated very special on her special day. Corbin and I are in awe everyday of how she is growing up to be such a sweet little girl and we are so grateful that she sets the example for Ella and Easton. She is very obedient and wants so much to follow the Prophet and please her Heavenly Father. She was definitely worth all the tears and heartache that Corbin and I went through to have her in our family. We must have done something pretty important to deserve such an amazing daughter.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow looks like you guys had a blast! cant wait to see her little earings! Im gald all went awesome and that you had such a great time!! love you all! xxx

CJMsquared+6 said...

How sweet... What a fun birthday celebration! I can't believe how grown up she looks... I'm glad she had such a great birthday!

Ryan and Robyn said...

I know Elise had fun, but I know for a fact that Grandma had more fun. What cute pictures, it sure makes us miss you all. xoxoxo Love you, Grandpa......

Sue said...

darling post...love to see the pics of Robbie...
Those g-mas are pretty special.I know how much she loves your kids..

Now if we could just get Robyn to use some of those frequent flyers to come on my b-day..j.k.

hugs..sue