Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day















Okay by now you probably get the picture that we LOVE going to the Zoo. We've never lived near a great zoo and now we live by two. So we decided to hit the zoo on Memorial Day. Besides that the weather was a little chilly to go check out our new community pool and Corbin had appointments in the morning. This time we ate lunch at home first and I think it worked out better. By the time we got to the zoo at around 2 everyone else was leaving for the day. Our first stop is always the Giraffes. It' so great how you can get so up close to them and feed them crackers. The kids also loved the birds. This time they were really active and coming right up to us. Poor Ella took a pretty bad tumble on our way to see the tigers. I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but she has a pretty nice knot on her forehead now. We of course bought her some cotton candy to help her feel better. We also rode the carousel this time. Corbin does not enjoy rides that go in circles. He always passes on the Tea Cups at Disneyland, but he was really brave this time and went with Easton. I have to say that this carousel went really fast and I was ready for it to be over. We ended up leaving around 5 and Ella also got to choose were we went and ate dinner so we had a nice dinner out at Red Robin. All in all it was a great day. We got to see Corbin most of the day and I didn't have to cook!!! On a Patriotic note my mind did turn to my brother and two brother-in-laws throughout the day all of which are in the military. Thank you for all you do to protect our country. You truly are our Hero's and we love you!!!

3 comments:

Ryan, Shayndel, & Kids said...

Poor Ella!!! I hope she heals quickly. She & Shep...3 yr. olds...aaaahhh!!! We have been to the zoos here a couple times too..but it's so hot!! I think you guys take the experienced zoo family award.

Maribeth Miller said...

I can't believe that's Ella. I wasn't sure at first. She's too big and her hair is so long. We MISS you! I wanted to call and invite you to our Memorial Day BBQ. See you in a month.

LillyBug Jewelry and Accessories said...

gotta love the zoo! who wouldn't?!?! we went to the millers for dinner. we kept expecting you guys to walk through the door. i couldn't stop thinking about you guys. maribeth too. i think we're just excited to see you soon:)