Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day Dad


My Dad was not happy about wearing a tux in the Vegas heat that day, but my Mom thanked me later for making him, because she thought he looked so good in it.
This picture was taken right after we found out my Dad was sick. I love it because he still looks good. This was a fun night. Some how Corbin and I got talked into having steak and crab legs for dinner at our house. Corbin and I both hate seafood, but I remember my Dad loving dinner that night.
This is one of my favorite pictures. The day my parents joined the church is one of those moments in life when you keep saying to yourself, "I can't believe this is happening." You can tell my Dad was in the fight of his life, but he never complained about being in pain. He was a trooper that day. He passed away 3 months later.




This post is a little late, but I did want to take the time to honor my Dad today. He always worked so hard to provide for our family. I missed him a lot yesterday. It's been 5 years since he passed away. I really can't believe it's been that long. My Dad and I are still a team though because I know he is serving his mission teaching the gospel in the spirit world right now and I am trying to get our family names to the Temple. I am so grateful for Temples. I am so grateful that I am sealed to my parents. I am so grateful that I will live with my Dad again and that when I see him again he will be healed and healthy. I love you Dad.

2 comments:

Amber said...

AAaawww...You made me cry, you stinker! That is such a sweet tribute to your father, as well as Corby and Ryan. You have an amazing family and a great eternal perspective of it all! Thanks for your example!

Unknown said...

WOw Gail what an amazing post! i had no idea! its amazing how much we are blessed!!!! :) have a great time in Utah and so on if i dont see you before!!!