Thursday, August 28, 2008

Romanian Festival


The same weekend that my Mom and sister came to visit we drove to Boulder for the annual Romanian Festival. For those of you who don't know Corbin served his mission in Romania. He was so excited to learn that there is actually a big population of Romanians that have settled in Boulder. The festival was outside at the Pearl Street Mall in downtown Boulder. It was so neat to walk around and take everything in. We enjoyed watching the traditional dancing and were even more excited to do it ourselves. It was so fun. Corbin was also excited to eat the food. I was a little hesitant given the stories that he has told me of what they eat in Romania. Lets just put it this way, nothing does not get used off a pig or whatever they are serving (stomach soup anyone?). But he was happy to eat the pork and cabbage. I tried a bite, it wasn't too bad. Ella of course had three or four bites (that girl will eat anything). We ended the day by letting the kids run in the fountains. I was so happy that Corbin got to reconnect to his mission. He loved serving in Romania. It really is a beautiful country. It's our goal to go visit one day and take his parents. I'm glad that this will be a tradition that we get to experience with him every year.

1 comments:

Brittany said...

Just so Corby knows... I do always watch and root for the Romanian gymnasts at the Olympics. And I also justify my Mountain Dew Addiction by telling people my cousin who served in Romania was allowed to drink Coke! Yay for Corb's mission!!